Request for Proposals
Historic South Downtown is soliciting proposals for our fourth round of grants supporting capital projects or operations. Successful projects will serve Pioneer Square and/or the Chinatown-International District in identified priority areas that align with Historic South Downtown values and principles. Please read through all of the information in this Request for Proposals (RFP) before starting your application.
DUE DATE: 5:00 PM (Pacific Time) November 10, 2021. The grant portal will be closed after this time.
Application questions must be answered online. Applicants will be asked to create a an account, including a password. Your general organizational data will be saved for reference in each application you submit. We are using a new platform that allows you to save your work and return at another time. If you wish to view the questions prior to opening the application, please go to the information page for your neighborhood.
UPDATES TO THIS RFP WILL BE MADE VIA EMAIL. SIGN UP ON www.historicsouthdowntown.org to ensure you receive our emails.
Round 4 RFP Timeline
- Release of RFP: September 29, 2021
- Deadline: 5:00 PM Wednesday, November 10, 2021.
- Results announced: HSD’s Annual Mixer, Wednesday, December 1st. Time TBA.
Request one-on-one support from Historic South Downtown staff by writing to email@example.com.
Types of Projects to be Funded
Historic South Downtown intends to provide both capital and operations funding. A capital project is defined as one that leads to the creation or renovation of the built environment. There will be no minimum financial dollar amount that defines capital. Please see the Priority Funding Areas section, below, for further detail regarding the intended use of Historic South Downtown funds.
Funding for this and prior RFPs is provided through an allocation of Transit Oriented Development Funds through King County. HSD is obligated to complete the investment of funds and close the King County allocation at the end of 2022. Therefore, grantees for this and all prior rounds must spend all funding and file their final reports on or before November 15, 2022. This deadline cannot be changed.
What we don’t fund:
- Affordable housing development or renovation of specific URM structures, however, we will consider applications to fund associated costs that contribute to the vitality and integration with the neighborhood (e.g., feasibility and predevelopment for ground floor retail, affordable commercial space, community space/facilities, system improvement and integration, etc.)
- Projects that do not benefit the Pioneer Square and Chinatown-International District
- Projects that solely benefit one individual or have extremely limited community impact
Total Funding and Funding Rounds
Since 2019, Historic South Downtown has committed $4.1M in funding for local nonprofits, including emergency grants to aid in community resilience and recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic emergency.
In this RFP Round, Historic South Downtown will be investing separately in the Chinatown-International District or Pioneer Square (or both). To familiarize yourself with the guidelines for each neighborhood and access the application, please select the appropriate button below.